- The name of the Society shall be "The Gowertonian Society".
- The objects of the Society shall be:
- To foster the feeling of fellowship among its members.
- To keep alive the interest in the school of old pupils.
- To actively further the welfare of the school.
- Membership shall be open to all old pupils of the school, the Head and members of staff, past and present.
- The Society shall hold the right to elect honorary life members.
- Subscription shall be a matter for decision by the Executive Committee.
- The financial year shall end on the 31st of December.
- The Governing Body of the Society shall be the Executive Committee which shall consist of not more than twenty member elected annually.
- The Executive Committee shall be elected at the annual General Meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall have powers to co-opt from among members of the Society and to appoint sub-committees.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least three times a year and also at the discretion of the Chairman and the Secretary.
- The quorum for Committee meetings shall be five.
- Accounts shall be audited annually.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held during the Summer Term.
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all members at least seven days beforehand.
- Resolutions shall be passed by a majority vote.
- The quorum for the Annual General Meeting shall be eight.
- The Society shall appoint annually at the General Meeting:
|1. The President
||5. Hon. Treasurer
||6. Hon. Secretary
|3. Hon. Chairman
||7. Hon. Asst. Secretary
|4. Hon. Vice-Chairman
||8. Hon. Membership Secretary
||9. Hon. Auditor
- Any notice of motion for the Annual General Meeting shall be delivered in writing to the Hon. Secretary at least 14 days before the meeting.
- Agenda for the A.G.M. shall be:
- Minutes of the last General Meeting
- Matters arising from the minutes
- President's address
- Chairman's report
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Election of Officers and Executive Committee members
- Motions of which due notice has been given
- Any other business, at the discretion of the Chairman.
- The Constitution
- No change to the Constitution shall be made except at an Extraordinary General Meeting called for the specific purpose
- Notice of this meeting shall be given to all members at least 14 days before the date of the meeting
- Details of any proposed change shall be signed by 5 members, delivered to the Hon. Secretary in writing and included in the notice of the meeting
- Changes in the Constitution shall not be made unless passed by a majority of two thirds of the members present at the meeting.